My Current Transitioning Hair Care Regime
Weekly Wash Routine
- Section hair into four parts
- Spritz one section with water and then apply VO5 conditioner mixed with Extra Virgin Olive Oil to use to detangle. Do the detangling with my fingers. Click here to learn how I finger detangle.
- When all sections are done, cover hair with plastic cap for 30 mins.
- Add Tresemme Natural Conditioner and water in an applicator bottle, apply to scalp. Co-wash scalp and then let then wash hair strands. Rinse off.
- At the end of the month, clarify hair using Creme of Nature Detangling, Conditioning Shampoo (sulfate).
- If I feel the need to shampoo or hair is much more tangled up than usual, use Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo (sulfate-free).
- After wash is done, hair is now in two sections (left and right)
- Dry with a T-shirt
- If breakage is noticed that is excessive, do a protein treatment using Organics Root Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise. If this is not the case, do a deep conditioning using Organics Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner. After generously applying either product, cover hair with plastic cap and thick woolen cap for at least an hour.
- Wash hair
- Apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave in to hair, generously.(my hair likes Cantu Shea Butter without it being modified now, will be posting about that soon)
- Apply Castor Oil to scalp. I ran out of Jamaican Black Castor Oil, so I use the NOW Castor Oil.
Choice of Styler
My goal is to finish all the products I have before I start buying new ones. It is so easy to be a product junkie. Check out my Hair Gallery for all the styles I have ever worn.
- For Twist Outs/Braid Outs/Bantu Knot Outs with a stronger curlier hold, use Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer.
- For Twist Outs/Braid Outs/Bantu Knot Outs with a softer hold, use Shea Moisture Curl Enhanced Smoothie.
- For Twists, use Organics Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel.
- For Cornrows, use Shea Moisture Curl Enhanced Smoothie or Hawaiian Silky Miracle Worker.
- For Edges, use Eco Styler Gel Moroccan Argan Oil.
- Spritz hair lightly with Water + Glycerin + Aloe Vera Juice.
- Apply Cantu Shea Butter Leave In.
- Apply Oil Mix only as needed (if scalp is dry), do a scalp massage at this time. Oil mix contains Castor Oil, African Pride Miracle Growth Oil, Jojoba Oil, EV Coconut Oil.
- Twice a week, apply Castor Oil to edges and nape.
- If hair is not protected, do a baggy mid week.