Learning New Things: Retightening Locks


The versatility of natural hair never ceases to amaze me. In the past 7 years, I have learnt how to braid, cornrow, cornrow with extension, twist and thread hair. Now, I can add one more thing to that list and that is "Retightening Locks". I am always open to learning new things when it comes to hair, so when my transitioning buddy asked if I would be interested in retightening her cousin's waist length locks, I was quite excited.

So, let the adventure begin....

First of all, I have never done this before. I went on YouTube to see how to do it.

This is what I did...

  • Gathering the new growth that is closer to a lock of hair, I added that to the lock.
  • Applied Eco Styler Gel (Krystal) to the base and ends of the new growth
  • Finger rolled the new growth into the lock of hair
  • Continued this process until all the new growths were successfully added to a lock of hair.



If you have done this before, please advice on how I could do a better job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer

Why is My Natural Hair Not Growing