Swimming and Transitioning Hair


It is important to protect your hair when swimming.  This is what I keep on hearing about when doing my research for our recent visit to the waterpark. I always cover my hair with a swim cap when in the pool, but since this was an all-day event, I did not want to have a cap on for the seven hours we spent at the waterpark. So, I went to YouTube to see if I could be find any other method of protecting my hair.

I came upon this video by Kelz06081984


Here is what I did that helped keep my hair moisturized throughout the day.

Before going to the WaterPark
  • Moisturize hair and braid into 2 cornrows going back.  This will protect your ends and also keep your relaxed ends tucked in so as to avoid tangling.
  • Make a mixture in a small 2oz travel size container of - Tresemme Natural Conditioner + Castor Oil + Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Upon arriving at the WaterPark
  • Wet hair.
  • Apply the condish mixture all over hair and rub in to avoid whiteness
  • Take a little bit of water and run it on the canopy of the hair. (top)
  • Unlike in the video where the lady washed out the condish, I decided to leave it in. I will try her system of rinsing off next time I go to the pool. But for this extended stay in the waterpark, I wanted to leave the condish in.
That's it....Have Fun!!

After leaving the WaterPark
  • Unbraid hair. My hair was not tangled AT ALL!! Yeah!
  • Co-wash with Tresemme Natural Conditioner
  • Deep Conditioner with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque mixed with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (I left this on overnight to extreme conditioning)
  • In the morning, rinse off, apply leave-in and style as usual!

How do you protect your hair when you go swimming?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

Can Hair Porosity Change?

What are some good products to use for thinning hair?