Curly Girl Method on Transitioning Hair
|Hair in the red box is my new growth|
I have decided to do the Curly Girl Method on my transitioning hair. The Curly Girl Method is based on the book called Curly Girl: The Handbook, written by Lorraine Massey. It requires hair maintenance to be done without the use of shampoos, silicones, and styling tools. While doing my research for this method, I had a hard time finding transitioners doing this method. I decided to do it myself because I want take advantage of the moisturizing factor that this method addresses.
I will be making a couple of changes to my hair regimen:
I will still be...
- doing protective styles like twists, braids, and cornrows
- doing twist outs, bantu knot outs, twist and curl, and braid outs
- using the following oils: Coconut oil, Castor Oil, and Jojoba Oil
- Pre-poo with VO5 Conditioner and Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Co-wash with Tresemme Natural Conditioner and other CG friendly conditioners
- need to find a CG friendly leave-in conditioner, but in the meantime, I will be using Tresemme Natural Conditioner. This will replace my Cantu Shea Butter Leave In
- Use Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque or Purification Mask as my deep treatment
- For moisturizing, use Shea Moisture Curl Enhanced Smoothie.
- Use Eco Styler Gel as my styling gel
Any transitioners doing the Curly Girl Method? Advice please....