6 Months of Transitioning
I have officially been transitioning for 6 months as of today! I am so excited about this journey and all that I have learnt so far. I believe my hair is growing at a good rate. I am not too worried about it since I am doing a long term transition.
Here are 10 things I have learnt about my hair
- My hair loves water; daily misting with water and oils
- It has a nice curl pattern with a mixture of all the 4s.. (a, b, c) and a dash of 3c.
- All conditioners are not equal, my hair loves to be co-washed with Tresemme Natural
- My hair tangles up a lot if kept in a protective style for over 2 weeks
- My hair loves to be styled in braid outs and twists
- Protein Treatments makes my hair stronger
- My scalp loves oils, but my face does not. =(. Still trying to find a balance to my oil production.
- My hair prefers finger detangling and combing to using actual styling tools
- Pre-pooing my hair is a very essential step in my wash routine.
- Moisturizing my hair daily is my safeguard against breakage!
Ah! A lot of that sounds similar to mine, I'm 9 months into my transition and i just figured out the my hair detangles better when dry. Looks like we have abt the same amount of new growth.ReplyDelete
Like you, I'm not worried about the new growth but what I care about is retention throughout my journey. I don't want my hair to get weak and start breaking then I have to cut it.
Good luck! :)
Thanks! After doing my Protein Treatment last week with the ORS Hair Mayonnaise, my hair feels so much stronger. I think I will be doing this treatment at least once a month now.Delete
That is amazing growth for 6 months!ReplyDelete