Bantu Knots on Dry Hair

In the past, I have always done bantu knots with wet or damp hair. Here is one of my previous bantu knots with wet hair.




So, I decided to try it with dry hair using whipped shea butter to moisturize.


I love the softness and the shine I got from doing the bantu knots with dry hair. I also noticed that there was less frizz and less stiffness of the bantu knot out curls. I must say, when I was doing the knots, I was a little skeptical about how it would turn out. Now, I am quite pleased.

Here is the results...

Comments

  1. This is cute!! Bantu-knot outs are on my list of transitioning styles to do. Right now I'm in a twists challenge (with my own hair) so come October..I will be trying all types of styles such as bantu-knot outs etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I really love bantu knots because I find that when I unravel it, I love the curl effects I get. I still prefer the definition I get from Braid outs.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks...I got lots of compliments today. I'm so glad I tried it out.

      Delete
  3. That's is really pretty. I want to try it but I don't know how to do bantu knots. Do you have a post on how to do a bantu knot?
    celebrateyournaturalbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Yes, I do have a post and an attached video on how to do it: http://discoveringnatural.blogspot.com/2012/02/bantu-knots-out-style.html

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?