HairChemistry: Will these products mix together?

I got inspired to write this post after watching the YouTube video below. This is a test to see if two products, usually a gel and a creamy moisturizer will result in the famous whitish balls of product residue on the hair. Before doing the Curly Girl Method, I use to use Cantu Shea Butter Leave In. This always left whitish residue on my hair.



Since then, I have been able to successfully mix different products with this leave in to create a non-white residue leaving Cantu Shea Butter Leave In.

View the video below to learn how to test for product compatibility:



Here is my test using products that I use on a regular basis. I tested with Big Sis's hair.

Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and Eco Styler Gel (Argan oil)
Results: This produced a thick smooth, non tacky, mixture.  She did have a little whitish residue but it went away after a couple of mins.
Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and ORS Twist and Lock Gel
Results: The mixture was much thicker.  It seems like the product mixture took a longer than getting absorbed into her hair.


Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie  and Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer

Result: The mixture of this product was the best so far. It was light, and smoother. When applying it to her hair, one thing I noticed was her hair felt very moisturized. The product also quickly got absorbed into her hair. The picture above didn't do much justice... however, trust me, there was no whitish residue. It absorbed almost immediately. I think we have a winner!!

Note of caution: I believe that due to the porosity and texture of a person's hair, this little trick might not give the same results as demonstrated above.


Try this and let me know what you think?


Comments

  1. Thank you so much for this tip! I always hated that gunky crap in my head. Now I know what to use and how to mix it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?