Product Review: Amla and Brahmi Treatment


What is Amla?
Amla powder is made from Indian gooseberry fruit.  It has the following benefits to hair:
  • Stimulates growth and prevents hair loss
  • Add shine and reduces grey hair by darken hair
  • Nourishes scalp
What is Brahmi?
Brahmi powder is derived by a plant from India called the Brahmi plant.  It has the following benefits to hair:
  • Nourishes hair
  • Helps with itchy and dandruff prone scalp
  • Reduces hair loss and breakage
  • Helps with premature greying

Preparing for my first Amla and Brahmi Treatment
During my research, I read that these powders can be quite drying to the hair. Due to this fact, I wanted to prep my hair to be at its utmost level of moisture using the LOC method.  I did the following:
  • Sectioned hair into 4 parts
  • Spritz each section with a mixture of water + glycerin + aloe vera + Zayd's Eucalyptus Conditioner
  • Applied a mixture of Castor Oil + Zayd's Sweet Almond Oil + Jojoba Oil
  • Applied Zayd's Eucalyptus Conditioner
  • Cover hair with plastic cap and thick knitted cap
  • Keep on overnight

Making Amla and Brahmi Treatment
  • Heat 2 tablespoons of Extra Virgin Coconut Oil in microwave for 30 secs
  • Add 2 tablespoons of Castor Oil
  • Mix in 2 tablespoons of Amla Powder and Brahmi Powder
  • Cover your application bottle with cheese cloth or a silk/satin scarf for seiving purpose
  • Slowly pour mixture until all that is left is any gloppy residue


Application of Treatment
  • Coat each section of hair with the mixture. 
  • Massage scalp gently for a few minutes
  • Cover hair with plastic cap and thick knitted cap
  • Leave on for 2 hours


My opinion...
Let me just say.... I love this treatment. In previous washes, whenever I wash my hair, I have a couple of strands of hair coming out.  I don't get too alarmed because my hair was still striving, however, I wanted to find something that will at least help reduce it.  I believe I have found a solution!

I rinsed off the treatment from my hair until the water ran clear.  After that, my hair felt strong and still no strands of hair coming out. I applied some Tresemme Natural Conditioner and co-washed my hair. Then, I did another co-wash with the Conditioner.  Just a little hair came out.  I am VERY PLEASED!

Here is how my naked hair looked like post wash.


My hair has a nice shine to it. My curls were still popping!, and the best thing is my hair felt strong!!!
I am doing a deep conditioning with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment for 2 hours and then I will style my hair in twists for the week.

If you have used Amla and Brahmi, what has been your experience?

Comments

  1. I'm transitioning and saw that you were as well and I decided to hop on. I'm currently 1 year and a few months.
    http://kreamykurls.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting my blog. How is your transition going? Any plans to BC soon? That is one question my friends ask me and for now, I have no clue. I have a feeling I will be one of those people that transition like... for ever..LOL

      Delete
  2. There are alot of benefits to using these. Really? No strands? I'm definitely going to have to try these.
    celebrateyournaturalbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give it a try. I tried it again this week. I did have shedded hair, but not as much as before. I truly believe for my hair, this works great. I tried it on Big Sis and I did see great improvement.

      Delete
  3. Hello,i want to try either bhringraj or amla or neem mask and leave overnight.im not mixing them together,i just want to try either for hair growth purposes.
    is it advisable to leave overnight?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually follow the direction on the products. If it says it can be left overnight, then it is ok. If not, then just leave on for an hour.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?