Bantu Knots out style

Bantu knots can be worn in or out.  I have done bantu knots on my daughters hair in the past, but I have never tried this on my own hair.

Pre-wash Routine:
  1. Section hair into four parts
  2. Apply a generous mixture of Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque mixed with Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) and Jamaican Black Castor oil
  3. Cover with plastic cap
I left this on my head for 5 hours. This can be left for as little as 1 hour or as much as overnight
 
Wash Routine:
  1. Shampoo hair in two sections (front-back), and detangle. I used Creme of Nature Detangling, Conditioning Shampoo.
  2. Deep Condition hair. I used Organic Root Stimulator Olive Oil Replensing Pak.  I loved how it made my hair feel. Worth keeping on the DC list!.
  3. Cover hair with plastic cap
  4. Sit under dryer for 30 mins or cover plastic capped head with towel for 1 hour
  5. Wash hair to remove DC product.
Syling Routine:
  1. Dry hair with T-shirt to minimize frizz. Using the t-shirt also dried my hair faster
  2. Apply oils and massage scalp for couple of minutes. Scalp massage helps promote growth, so do it for as long as you want. I used BB Growth oil + Jamaican Black Castor oil + coconut + vitamin E + grapeseed + jojoba + almond
  3. Apply Leave-in conditioner to 80%-dried hair. I used Cantu Shea Butter Leave in
  4. Section hair into three parts. First, divide from middle front to middle of hair, and then from ear to ear. It should look like you are writting a T. The two front sections will be the same, where as the back section will be bigger.

Side note:
I decided to give my hair a good combing session and a half inch trim. I used a paddle brush for my relaxed ends and a wide tooth comb for my natural hair growth. Before doing the combing, I examined my hair for any breakage. I highly recommend doing this. I found only a small patch of breakage on my crown section. Nothing to be too alarmed about. I was actually okay with it and this patch of hair was au naturale. It was very soft and had a curly pattern to it. Yeah! I hope the rest of my hair feels and looks like this when I am done transistioning.  SO EXCITING!!!!
  
 5. For each section, Take some hair strands and twirl the hair towards your face. For the first twirl, you can secure with bobby pin. You then start to twirl the remaining hair to the base of the starting twirl. I used Kimmaytube's YouTube video to perfect my Bantu Knots.  View video below.

    
    All bantu knotted
    
Close up of a Bantu knot













I secured my hair with my silk scarf, since it was time for bed. In the morning, I applied some coconut oil and castor oil to my fingers and gently untwisted the Bantu knots. I seperated the knots to create the style I wanted. If you seperate each knots more than once, you can get the appearance of fullness.

Results...

Comments

  1. Thank you and looking for more posts; I enjoyed reading them, informative. Cheers!

    www.triciajoy.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?