I just wanted to share this with you all. I decided to wash my daughter's hair today and since I had not pre-poo her hair in a while, I wanted to give it a try. I normally pre-poo my hair and her older sister's hair.
She has very thick curly hair so I kept my fingers crossed that her hair will retain the moisturizing benefit that pre-pooing provides[/URL].
Here is what I mixed for the pre-poo treatement.
- Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque
- EV Coconut oil
- EV Olive oil
- Grapeseed oil
- Almond oil
- Coconut oil
- Jojoba oil
After letting the mixture sit on her hair for 30 mins (under a plastic cap), her hair was very moisturized. It also gave her curls more definition and shine. Her hair also had a nice bounce to it and felt SO soft. I was amazed.
We will definitely be pre-poo this girl's hair.. ALL the time now. I will try doing this process when doing a "wash and go" still for her.
Other process done to achieve the style above:
- Shampoo with Creme of Nature Detangling and Conditioning Shampoo
- Deep Condition with left over pre-poo treatment mixture and Silk Elements Luxury conditioner
- Style with Coconut oil, BB Growth oil, Jojoba Oil, and Jamacian Black Castor Oil.
- To style:
- Divide hair into two parts.
- Do single flat twists on each side, working your way to the base of each part.
- Attach a black ouchless hair tie to each side.
- Two strand twist each pony and create a curve in the middle of the head to form the top section of
the Heart. Keep the two twisted ponies together with bobby pins.