I wash my hair every 7-10 days.
- If my hair is in a protective style like twists or cornrowed, I apply some coconut oil to my fingers and then un-twist or unravel the cornrow braids.
- Section my hair into 4 parts
- I make a mixture of EVOO and some conditioner and apply to each section while finger-detangling my hair in that process.
- Put a plastic cap on my head for as little as 15 mins or overnight. I usually do the overnight, unless pressed for time.
- Shampoo my hair in sections using Creme of Nature Detangling and Conditioning Shampoo. Once a month, I clarify my hair using a shampoo that contains sulfate but also has lots of moisturizing ingredients.
- I ALWAYS DC my hair when I wash.
- I make a mixture of ORS Hair mayonnaise (I used this every other week), Silk Elements Luxury Condition, BB Growth Oil, Coconut oil, Jojoba oil. On weeks I don't use the ORS Hair Mayonnaise, I use the Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque or ORS replenishing pak.
- Apply to (still sectioned) hair
- Put a plastic cap on my head. If I don't want any heat, I usually cover my plastic capped head with a warm towel for at least 1 hour, else, I sit under the hooded dryer for about 30 mins.
- After the DC process is done, I use the LOC method, applying a mixture of oils, such as coconut oil, Vitamin E, jojoba, almond, and grapeseed oil. Then I apply Shea butter mixture all over my hair.
- Depending on what style I want to do, I might two-strand twist my wet hair with Shea Moisture Curl Enhanced Smoothie or air dry my hair and cornrow braid later using Cantu Shea butter Leave In
- Once a month, I also give my hair a very good combing since I finger detangle most of the time.
Do you have a wash routine?