Co-washing with VO5 Moisture Milk Conditioner

I have never heard about co-washing until I started reading more about hair care.  Co-washing is the process of washing the hair with only conditioner; no shampoo. There are a lot of naturals that do not wash with shampoo because of the fact that some shampoos can cause hair to be dry and brittle.  You can co-wash during the week before your regular wash day, sort of to kick in some moisture into dry hair. You can also co-wash instead of shampoo, but still do your regular pre-poo and deep conditioning steps.

This is the first time I am doing co-washing. No... I didn't do it on my hair, yet. I wanted to see how it will work on my 4c hair-ed girl. Her hair was a little thirsty looking, so I decided to co-wash her hair.  I used VO5 Conditioner Moisture Milks Passion Fruit Smoothie. At first I did not want to buy this product because of the cheap price (I paid 98 cents). I thought it will not work well.  It is not only a cheap product but one that has no silicones so all you Curly Girl Method naturals can use this product.
Don't judge a product by its price.
First of all, I love the smell of this product. I actually didn't detangle her twists before wetting her hair with water and applying a quarter-size of conditioner.  Why didn't I detangle?  I was in a bit of a rush. I just kept my fingers crossed  and prayed that her hair would not be a tangled mess.  I most say, I love this product. Her hair was detangled, very quickly, NO COMB used.  It felt moisturized, and had wonderful slip.  (Definition of Slip: Hair feels slippery after washed and can easily be combed through).  I didn't even  have to comb her hair, I used just my fingers.

Now the next test will be to see how co-washing affects my 3c/4a hair-ed girl and my transistioning hair.  I will make sure to report back.

Do you co-wash? What products do you use?

Comments

  1. Since this brand was acquired by High Ridge, the moisture milks formula stinks. Way too watery now. The old bottles under V05 are what you are reviewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the info. I only detangle with this product now. Here is how I use it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dU5taNxWZQ&list=PLCT7rEmj0XkwHBrDRkaHfIXQjqdQ3yRkp

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Braid Machine for Hair

What To Do If Your Child Has Dry Scalp

My Current Skincare Products