What's That Ingredient? Behetrimorium Methosulfate
Starting off a new series called What's That Ingredient?
I love researching products, ingredients, hairstyles, and other things that can help with our natural hair journey. I have noticed that a lot of products I love contain this ingredient: Behetrimorium Methosulfate, that is why I decided to make it the first one in our series.
WHAT IS Behetrimorium Methosulfate?
Behetrimorium methosulfate also known as BTMS, Behenyl Trimethyl Ammonium Methosulfate and Docosyltrimethylammonium Methyl Sulphate, is actionic and self-emulsifying.
WHAT DOES it do for our hair?
Derived from rapeseed oil.
- Helps to condition, moisturizes and detangle hair.
- Ability to penetrate hair shaft without leaving residue on scalp or build up in hair.
- If looking for a GREAT detangler, look for products with this listed as one of the first five ingredients. This ingredient gives SLIP to your hair making it easier to detangle your hair.
Found in co-washing conditioners, shampoo, moisturizers and creamy styling products.
IN MY STASH:
Here is a list of some of the products I currently use that contain it:
- Gaisie Body Essentials : Shea Styling Smoothie
- Eden BodyWorks All Natural Deep Conditioner
- Eden BodyWorks Cleansing CoWash
- SheaMoisture SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque
- SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Strengthen, Grow & Restore Treatment Masque
Do you have any products containing this ingredient? Comment below.