Wash Day Diary: July 7th 2014: Hair Out Recovery

Black Tea Rinse
Black Tea Rinse and Deep Conditioner


After wearing my hair out for 4 days, I needed to do some pre-conditioning before even attempting to detangle it. Here is what I did:
  • Divide hair into 4 sections
  • For each section, spritz with water, apply Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and VO5 Herbal Escapes Strengthening Conditioner Pomegranate & Grapeseed
  • Leave on for a couple of hours ('cos I was busy, y'all!! LOL!)
  • After that, I detangled my hair thoroughly and twisted each section as I did. I then clipped the ends of the twists with bobby pins.
  • I washed my hair with Eden Bodyworks Cleansing Cowash Conditioner
  • After that, I put the Black Tea Rinse (2 cups of hot water and 2 bags of Black Tea) in a spritz bottle.
I read somewhere that instead of pouring the rinse directly on my hair, spraying is much better. I must say, I prefer this method. I found this method much more convenient. After spritzing my hair with the tea, I generously applied Eden Bodyworks Deep Conditioner. And covered my hair with a plastic cap and towel for 30 minutes.
Deep Conditioning Natural Hair
 
 
For a final rinse, I just used cold water instead of my Aloe Vera Juice.
 
Post Wash
The usual - Applied oil mix and the Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk and twist up my hair.
 
Tomorrow morning, I will apply my DIY Shea Aloe Butter and retwist into chunky twist updo.

Comments

  1. How to you feel about the Eden Bodyworks Deep Conditioner? You have beautiful hair chica!

    KLP | SavingOurStrands

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love it. It always leaves my hair feeling soft. I have used it with and without heat and it works great both ways...for my hair.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer