Wash Day Diary: July 30th 2014: SheaMoisture SuperFruit and Black Tea
|Gotta love SHRINKAGE|
For nearly 2 months now, I have been doing Black Tea rinses weekly in my hair and love the results I have been getting. I decided to use it with the SheaMoisture SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque to test how it works. Since this hair masque will be my new Moisturizing Deep Conditioner, I need it to work well with my Black Tea rinse because I have seen great changes with my hair in terms of shedding and breakage from doing these weekly rinses. The other Moisturizing Deep Conditioner I use is Eden Bodyworks Deep Conditioner . Which do I like better, right now, the SheaMoisture one is winning.
- Detangle and prepoo with Trader Joe's Coconut Oil and VO5 Strengthening Conditioner.
- Co-washing with Eden Bodyworks Cowash and rinsed off
- Apply Black Tea Rinse
- On top of that apply SheaMoisture SuperFruit Complex 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque
- Leave on for 30 mins
- Cool water rinse to promote shine and lay down my cuticle
- Squeeze off as much water with hands, no t-shirt
- Let water absorb in hair while dressing up. Covered with plastic cap to avoid dripping
- Apply SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Leave In Conditioner (still testing, review coming soon) My hair felt so silky soft and detangled!! I was like OMG!
Apply my oil mix(since I am testing new products, I wanted to see how well the leave in will moisturize my hair)
- Apply SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Styling Lotion (still testing, review coming soon)
- Did a three style combo: Braid, Twist, and Bantu Loop hair, damp for hang time.
Tutorial for Bantu Loop:
- Apply SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Edge Treatment to edges.
- Wrap twists around head and secure with bobby pins for stretch.