Flat Twist Out on Dry Hair


There are different ways that you can set the styles for transitioning/natural hair. Two of these ways are while your wet/damp or dry.  For some styles, like Bantu Knots, I prefer how my hair looks when styled on dry hair. The last time I did Flat Twist Out, I did it on wet hair.  I loved how it turned out and I received so many compliments. So, I decided to try it on dry hair.

Styling Process:
  • I flat twisted my entire hair using Jojoba oil first and then layer it with Taliah Waajid Curl Sealer and then flat twist each row. I did about 10 flat twists. 



My thoughts ...
I do prefer how my hair looked like when it was styled on wet hair. It had more shine and better hold to it. The relaxed ends did not fall easily during the hustle and bustle of the day. The wet set had less to no frizz. The only issue I had when doing the wet set was that my relaxed ends tangled easily while I was braiding the flat twists.

Wet set (night) and Dry set (day)
Have you tried flat twists? How do you set your twists?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

How to Start Caring For Your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching