Wash Routine When Not Feeling Good


Today was Lil Sis's wash day, but she was not feeling too good. I wanted to skip the whole process, but her hair was in dire need of a wash. It was tangled up and not so fresh, you know what I mean. If she was feeling 100%, I would have done the whole end of month clarification process (Click here to see her hair regimen). I had to come up with a simplified version.

Here is what I did:

Wash Process
I skipped the whole pre-wash detangling process. This usually takes at least an hour due to the length of her hair.

Sectioned her hair into 4 parts.

For each section, I applied a sulfate-free shampoo, Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo to her scalp, and then her hair, until I was done applying to each section. Then I rinsed off the shampoo.

I then applied the Shea Moisture Purification Masque. I let this sit in her hair while I gave her a Nigerian bath ...slowly. I also let her wash her doll's hair during this time. This allowed us to get at least 10 minutes of deep conditioning time.  LOL!

After rinsing off the masque, I generously applied Extra Virgin Olive Oil (EVOO) to each section, put them into 4 super jumbo bantu knots, covered with a plastic cap and her knitted hat.

I dressed her up and we proceeded to the Post Wash process.

Post Wash Process
About 10 minutes after I applied the EVOO, I started working on each of the section. I applied my oil mix to her scalp and the length of her hair. Massaged her scalp. I applied Shea Moisture Curl and Style Milk and proceeded to detangle her hair (finger detangle followed up with a wide tooth comb detangle) I then sealed in the moisture with my DIY Shea Aloe Butter. I then twisted up her hair.

This process was so stress free and Lil Sis like it because it took less than the normal time that it usually takes to do her hair. The best part about it is that her hair is moisturized, and of course, clean!

What do you do when you have to wash your hair but a little under the weather?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer