What To Do If Your Scalp Is Itchy
When you have itchy scalp, it could be as simple as your scalp telling you that it time for you to wash/cleanse it. If you have product buildup or you haven’t washed your hair in a while, try using a clarifying shampoo to cleanse your scalp and hair.
Suggestion of clarifying shampoo: https://amzn.to/3EnQJKV
Your scalp could be itchy if you have dandruff or other scalp conditions like psoriasis. See your doctor if your symptoms:
- last longer than a week
- include pain, sores, or swelling
- include itching so intense it interferes with your ability to sleep or function
Suggestion for dandruff: https://amzn.to/3xysWGN
Other causes of itchy scalp include:
autoimmune disorders, such as psoriasis
fungal infections, such as tinea capitis, or ringworm
allergic reaction to a product such as hair dye
stress or anxiety
herpes zoster, or shingles
Some home remedies you can try:
1. Apple Cider Vinegar rinse. If you get itchy scalp when wearing braids, your scalp may be sensitive to the braid hair. Try using this type of braid hair
Or pre-treat the hair like this: https://youtu.be/Ul0PFbbz_P4
2. Dilute peppermint oil and coconut oil and massage scalp. You could also use a different carrier oil than coconut oil to dilute a small amount of peppermint oil. You can also do a peppermint tea rinse.
3. Add tea tree oil to your shampoo or mix in your oil mix.
Want to support this page? Cashapp $DiscoveringNatural