Wash Day Diary: Sept 17th 2014 : Make It A Combo?


Last wash day, I was suppose to do a clarification, well, didn't do one, so I decided to do it today. I tried something new today. Because I do not like the way my hair feels when shampooed (hence why I do not do it so often), do the following:

  • Coat hair generously with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and do a dry detangling session
  • Jump into the shower
  • Rinse one section of hair with lukewarm water
  • Apply Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo
  • Then on top of that WITHOUT RINSING OFF apply Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
  • Continue to all sections
  • Rinse each section off
  • Then reapply Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner
  • Did my shower bizness!
  • Rinse off conditioner
  • My hair felt uber-soft!
  • Deep conditioned with SheaMoisture Purification Masque, just to make sure all product buildup was removed and my scalp had been itchy a little
  • Cover hair with plastic cap and sat under dryer for 30 minutes under medium heat
  • Remove  plastic cap, wait 15 mins for hair temperature to return to room temp
  • Apply generous amount of VO5 Strengthening Conditioner
  • Rinse hair
  • Seal with Cold Aloe Vera Juice

Post Wash
Because  I used a moisturizing non-protein deep conditioner, I always use a protein leave in to give a moisture-protein balance. Hey, that's what I do.  LOL!
By the way, when deep conditioning direction calls to apply "moderate heat", what is MODERATE HEAT?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

My Current Skincare Products

Can Hair Porosity Change?