Wash Day Dairy: Sept 12th 2014: Why the Neglect?


This week, my hair has been acting quite funny. Well, I did wear it out more often. I have been so busy this week with soccer, homework for the girls, videos for DiscoveringNatural and DNVlogsLife and also for 4CHairChick Kids Series. Have you watched episode 1 yet? Click here if not.

Because of all this reasons, I did not moisturize my hair as much. I know! I know!. Since I am still strapped for time, I decided to do a No Fuss Wash Day, similar to this, but much more moisturizing.




Pre-Poo
Two days ago, yeah you read that right...SMH! I detangled my hair and saturated my hair with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil and V05 Strengthening Conditioner.  The plan was to clarify my hair the next morning with Giovanni 50:50 Balanced Hydrating-Clarifying Shampoo but that did not happen.  With 3 soccer practices across town, I wore my hair in the detangled twists covered with a plastic cap and bonnet and beanie those two days. LOL!

2 days later...
My hair was now REALLY pre-pooed out!  I rinsed my hair with warm water, saturate the twists with Eden Bodywork's Cleansing Co-wash, and then rinsed, poured my Black Tea rinse over my hair, and added my moisturizing Deep Conditioner, SheaMoisture SuperFruit Hair Masque. Hair still in twists.

1 hour later... the plan was to keep for 30 mins, but you already know what happened!

Rinse...

Applied my oil mix, gave my scalp a long well deserved massage.
Undid each twist, applied Giovanni Direct Leave In Conditioner (a protein conditioner), retwisted.
Applied SheaMoisture Jamaican Black Castor Oil Edge Treatment to my edges

And that was all she wrote.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?