Wash Day Dairy: Sept 1st 2014: A Curls Wash Day


A few days ago, I attended the Blissful Curls Tour Houston featuring Naptural85, NaturallyGG, OfficialCorporateChic and Iknowlee. I was gifted with some Curls products:
Curls Coconut Curlada Conditioner Creamy Curl Cleanser  Blueberry Blissful

I decided to wash Lil Sis' hair with the products and they worked REALLY well!! No tears!! Woohoo!.. I have not washed my hair in 2 weeks. O_O  because I have been so busy. My hair still felt good but my scalp had started to act up, so I knew, I better jump on it.

It's Labor day and I have no plans but to WASH MY HAIR.

I started by doing a dry detangle with Babassu Oil. I loved the fact that it was not greasy like coconut oil. I did record the process, makes sure you SUBSCRIBE to get it on your video feed.
Detangling with Babassu Oil

After detangling, I saturated my hair with Aubrey Organics GPB Conditioner for a protein treatment.
Even though the new GPB says to use it for 1-2 mins after shampoo, I decided to do the old GPB way; leave in dry hair for 15 min. I did not notice any difference.

Since my Holy Grail Sulfate free Shampoo, Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo, has totally changed their formula, I have been in a hunt for a non-stripping sulfate free shampoo for days that I don't have time to do my bentonite clay mix or don't want to deal with the messiness of the Naturalicious Rhassoul Clay. I just wash the shower, y'all!  Anywho, since the Curls Creamy Curl Cleanser worked well on Lil Sis's DIVA hair, I thought it would work on mine. Eck NO! My hair did not like it. She tangled up and even though I did find it cleansing, I also found it stripping for some reason ... with NO SLIP.
Curls Coconut Curlada Conditioner Creamy Curl Cleanser

I followed that up with the Curls Coconut Curlada Conditioner, and my hair was so-so. I was baffled why these Curls products did not work well on my hair and they did on Lil Sis. Well, we have different textures...

Talking about texture.. What is THIS??? Not sure where that straight hair came from.
Natural Hair Type

I have been testing the new SheaMoisture Manuka Honey & Mafura Oil Intensive Hydration Hair Masque as my moisture deep conditioner. Product Review coming soon. I saturated my hair with this and covered my hair with a plastic cap and my turbie twist. My hair felt so soft and fluffy!!


Post Wash
-Applied oil mix
- Moisturize with Giovanni Direct Leave-in Conditioner
- Twist hair up.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?