Revisiting Aloe Vera


Last month, I did a video talking about products that my hair hates but other naturals love, and one of the products was Aloe Vera. While I was transitioning, I used Aloe Vera Juice and discovered that instead of it moisturizing my hair, it actually caused it to be drier.

After reading about all the benefits of using Aloe Vera in your natural hair, I decided to revisit the product.

Here are the benefits (Source: http://blackgirllonghair.com/2012/01/4-hair-benefits-of-aloe-vera/):
  • Promotes hair growth
  • Nourishes shampoo
  • Prevents dandruff
  • Natural conditioner
I have been using aloe vera as my final rinse, in my spritz bottle occasionally, and using the gel to style my hair and to kill any acne that pops up.

Sidenote: Aloe Vera Gel dries up my acne in 2 days! AMAZING!!

I love the results and my hair is loving it too!! Yeah!!


This just proves to show that sometimes when products don't work, give them a try later on in your natural journey... you might be surprised.


Do you use Aloe Vera Juice/Gel?

Comments

  1. I love Aloe Vera Juice! I use it along with water for detangling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so cool. Never thought of using it as a Detangler. Thanks for the suggestion

      Delete
  2. Is the juice and gel the same thing?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are not the same. The main ingredients are the same; Aloe Vera. However, the gel contains other ingredients that the juice does not. If you have an aloe vera plant, you could create your own purer version.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer