Why your hair breaks when you color it
Hair can break when coloring it due to:
• Damage from chemical processing: Color treatments can strip hair of its natural moisture and cause damage to the hair shaft, leading to breakage.
• Over-processing: Repeated coloring or using too much color product can cause cumulative damage, leading to breakage.
• Hair becomes weakened: Color treatment can cause the cuticle layer to lift, making hair more prone to breakage.
• Incorrect formulation: Using a color product that isn't suitable for your hair type or condition can cause damage and breakage.
To minimize breakage when coloring your hair, it's important to:
• Choose a gentle, ammonia-free color product
• Perform a strand test before applying color to entire head
• Follow instructions carefully and avoid over-processing
• Use a pre-color treatment to protect hair
• Condition hair thoroughly after coloring
Remember, it's essential to be gentle with your hair during and after coloring to prevent breakage.