Why does my natural hair break more now than when it was relaxed
When your natural hair breaks more now than when it was relaxed, it could be due to several reasons. Here are some possible factors: Watch the video below
• Lack of moisture: Natural hair needs consistent moisture, which can be harder to maintain than relaxed hair. Use hydrating products and techniques like co-washing and leave-ins.
• Manipulation: Styling and handling natural hair can cause breakage, especially if you're using excessive force or heat. Be gentle and minimize heat styling.
• Protein overload: Overusing protein products can lead to brittle hair that breaks easily. Balance protein with moisturizing products.
• Split ends: Untrimmed split ends can travel up the hair shaft, causing breakage. Regular trims can help prevent this.
• Hair cuticle lifting: Natural hair has a raised cuticle layer, making it more prone to breakage. Use gentle products and techniques to minimize damage.
Remember, natural hair requires different care than relaxed hair. Adjust your routine and products to meet your hair's unique needs.