Friday Fun: Ice Cold Water Dipping

For the past seven months, I have been battling acne. Not sure what is causing it, because I never experienced this as a teenager.  I have tried different things and some worked for a while, and others just made things worse. When I told my friend about what was going on, she told me about what she does, and I decided to give it a shot.

My friend said she does a "Ice Cold Water Dipping" process.  Here is what you do:

  • Wash your face with facial wash and rinse with warm water and towel dry

  • Get a big bowl and fill it with a lot of ice cubes and water; enough to fully immerse your face

I was quite nervous to do this.... hence why I look so scared! LOL

  • Dip your face into the ice cold water for a couple of seconds; about 10 seconds

    The "over-achiever" in me decided to do this for 30 seconds. *Yikes! Ouch!

    Arrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!

  • Try not to touch your face for a couple of seconds. You might experience a tingly, icy sensation. 
Benefits of Ice Cold Water Dipping:
My results, so far:
I have not had any breakout for the past two days. I also increased my water intake, so this is helping. After the dipping, my face felt smoother and tighter.  I loved that feeling. I plan to do this everyday for the next one month. 


Have you tried this method before?  What do you think about it?

Comments

  1. How is your diet? No greasy foods? Soda, sweets etc those things contribute to acne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to take note of what I eat. I try to stay away from greasy foods and sodas... however, I do get a sweet-tooth once in a while ;) Thanks for the suggestions.

      Delete
  2. Hi
    I decided to read more on ice keeping after seeing Sonja dip her face in ice. I decided to try the process. Feels good but can't do it every day. I do it once a week and its working. Wonderful

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I love the way my face feels after I am done.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

How to Start Caring For Your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching