Shea Butter Mix Adventure

Earlier this week, I took a HUGE block of shea butter out of my deep freezer to thaw. It took about 3 days. Yes! It was a H-U-G-E  block. About 64 oz.

I use my shea butter for my hair and also part of my body. Other members of my family also use this product. We love shea butter!!


New Discovery!
I discovered that I need to mix my shea butter longer to give it a more fluffier feel. In the past, I usually melt my shea butter (without heat) to liquid form. One way you can do this is boil water in a pot, put your shea butter in another container and then float the container in the pot of hot water. This time, I did not melt my shea butter, just broke it into smaller parts, and then mixed all my oils, and blended for about 10 mins.

Here is my OLD mix that was fully melted before adding oils and solidifying
 
 
Here is my New mix; not melted before adding oils.

 
The shea butter is from the same type of shea butter; off white in color.
Notice how the color is different between melted and unmelted. 

Another thing I wanted to share how I clean my tools that I use to mix my shea butter.
I pour some hot water onto the mixing bowl to melt the shea butter residue.

 
Then I pour out the hot water
Add my dishwashing soap and wash the mixing bowl
Then rinse... so EASY!!

What do you add in your Shea Butter Mix?

Comments

  1. I do the same thing after making my shea mix too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't do this in the past, so when I did it this time I was like....BETTER WRITE IT DOWN.. Lol!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching