Wash Day with #SheaMoisture


 
 
 
Yes, today is Wash Day. Usually, I look forward to washing my hair, pampering my hair, but today, something was a bit off. I was not sure maybe it was because I used something new.
 
I started as usual, the night before pre-pooing with a mixture of Vatika Coconut oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil.
 
Now to digress....
 
Yesterday, I went to my local Indian store to buy some grapeseed oil, and saw that they had a new collection of Vatika oil products. I was very excited. As I oohed and ahhed over the new pretty products, I read the ingredients on each product. Mineral oil...mineral oil...MINERAL OIL.
 
Oh, mineral oil, why! why!

 

 


As you know, I don't use mineral oil. I did try to use a product last week that had mineral oil in it and my hair HATED it. It was like, "Girl! What are you doing to me?!". From now on, I am staying clear of Mr. Mineral Oil.

Back to my wash day fiasco...

I woke up this morning to very soft hair, which I loved. Then I washed with my trusted Tresemme Naturals Conditioner, and decided instead of doing a deep treatment with my Nubian Heritage, I would use Shea Moisture Anti Breakage Masque. It was ...err... okay.. and then instead of using my Giovanni Leave In, I would use Shea Moisture Thickening Growth Milk. I bought this in the BOGO on going sale at Target and do my LCO method to moisturize my hair.

My hair felt dry even after application. Not sure why. I know with Shea Moisture Curl and Style it worked great.  I will give this product another try.

As for styling, I decided to do simple medium twists to stretch my hair.  Nothing fancy....

I am also using this technique from NaturalMe4C to super stretch my twists.



 I will do a video on the results in the near future. Make sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel (DiscoveringNatural).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

Can Hair Porosity Change?

How to Start Caring For Your Natural Hair