Twist 'n Curl: First Attempt

The style for this week was suppose to be a Twist 'n Curl (TnC).  I was so confident in my creation of this style that I decided not to use any YouTube tutorial video to properly learn how to achieve the look.  Not only have I learnt my lesson, I have also learnt that I should always have a Plan B when it comes to doing a style that have not been done before.

Although the style was an epic failure for me, I will still share how I achieved the look and maybe you can all help point out my mistakes.

After co-washing my hair, I created about 15 two-strands twist, and used perm rods to individually curl up the twists.


I think here is where I made my #1 mistake:  I did not wait for my hair to fully dry before I took out the perm rods. It was bedtime, and since I'm doing the "No heat challenge", I decided to undo the perm rods and cover my hair with my silk scarf.

The next morning, I rubbed some coconut oil on my twists and fingers, and undid the twists, trying not to create any frizz.  Here is the end results:



Now.. to PLAN B. I decided to do a french twist at the back and use a black claw accessory to hold it together, while leaving some hair for my side bangs. Simple, and fail-proof.






Have you had hair styles that have failed?  Share your experience. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

Can Hair Porosity Change?

How to Start Caring For Your Natural Hair