Flat Twist: 1940 Pinup Hair Style




Hairstyles of the 1940s are quite chic and most can be easily created. I wanted to protect my ends and at the same time have a quick neat look. I decided to go for the pinup tucked in pony tail look.

Pre-wash Routine:
  1. Section hair into four parts
  2. Apply a generous mixture of any conditioner mixed with Extra virgin olive oil (EVOO)
  3. Cover with plastic cap
I left this on my head for 6 hours. This can be left for as little as 1 hour or as much as overnight
 
Wash Routine:
  1. Shampoo hair in four sections, and detangle. I used Garnier Fructis Fortifying Shampoo (Triple Nutrition) because I wanted to do my monthly clarify procedure.
  2. Deep Condition hair. I used a mixture of BB hair oil + Silk Elements + ORS Hair Mayonnaise
  3. Cover hair with plastic cap
  4. Sit under dryer for 30 mins or cover plastic capped head with towel for 1 hour
Syling Routine:
  1. Dry hair with T-shirt to minimize frizz.
  2. Apply oils. I used BB Growth oil + coconut + vitamin E + grapeseed + jojoba + almond
  3. Apply Leave-in conditioner. I used Shea Moisture Deep Treatment masque
  4. Seal edges and ends with shea butter mix
  5. Apply Hawaiian Silky 14-1
  6. Part hair on side to middle of head

    See my new growth!! YEAH
  1. Apply Eco Styler gel to edges and smoothen down with denman brush
  2. Do you see my curl pattern coming in at the root?
  3. Do flat twists on each side and secure with bobby pins
  4. Flip remaining hair inwards to make an inverted bun and secure with bobby pins
  5. Attach favorite accessory.


End Results......



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

Can Hair Porosity Change?

What are some good products to use for thinning hair?