What Causes Scabs on the Scalp?
Scabs on the scalp can be caused by various factors, including:
1. Injuries: Scratching, picking, or accidentally injuring the scalp can lead to scab formation.
2. Dandruff: Excessive flaking of the scalp due to conditions like seborrheic dermatitis or dry scalp can result in scabs.
3. Psoriasis: A chronic skin condition that can cause red, scaly patches on the scalp, which may become scabs.
4. Eczema: Scalp eczema can cause itching, redness, and flaking, leading to scabs when scratched.
5. Fungal Infections: Fungal infections like ringworm can affect the scalp, causing scaly, itchy areas that may form scabs.
6. Allergies: Allergic reactions to hair products or certain chemicals can irritate the scalp, leading to scab formation.
7. Lice: Infestations of head lice can cause itching and small sores that can turn into scabs.
8. Skin Conditions: Other skin conditions like folliculitis (inflammation of hair follicles) can also lead to scabbing on the scalp.
If you want one on one help with your hair, you can use this link to contact me http://bit.ly/NaturalHairCoach
If you have persistent scalp scabs or are concerned about them, it's advisable to consult a healthcare professional or dermatologist for a proper diagnosis and treatment plan.