For my 4c hair-ed daughter, I ALWAYS deep condition her hair every wash day. Her hair loves that. Now, why didn't I do that regularly for my other daughter? Number one reason, she hates getting her hair washed. I just want to get it done and over with, so all I do is, shampoo with Creme of Nature Detangling, Conditioning Shampoo. In my mind, I thought I was killing three birds with one stone. It took care of the detangling..conditioning... and shampoo. BAM! We're done. Well, several days later, her hair looked all dry and thirsty.
This last wash day, I decided to show her hair some love. Here is what I did:
- I pre-pooed her hair with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment masque mixed with extra virgin olive oil and grapeseed oil. I put that in her hair before she went to bed. I also covered her hair with a plastic cap, and her knitted winter hat.
- The next morning, I washed her hair... actually since it was end of the month, I clarified her hair. I always clarify end of each month with a shampoo that contains the dreaded Sodium Lauryl Sulfate.
- The last step was to deep condition her hair. I used Organics Root Stimulator Replenishing Conditioner. Love that product! As I applied the conditioner to her hair, section by section, I decided to give her a trim. This was her first trim EVER!!
- Covered her hair with plastic cap and a warm towel for an hour.
- After washing it, I applied some oils and twisted with Organics Root Stimulator Lock and Twist Gel.
- Spritz hair with water (mid week spritz with water mixed with a little VO5 conditioner)
- Apply oil mix all over her hair, concentrating first on the edges and then the scalp area.
- Put some oil mix on palm and rub on twists.
- Apply some cream (usually Shea Moisture Curl Enhanced Smoothie or Cantu Shea butter).