Making your own hair products


Today, I had an epiphany while reading a blog post on Curly Nikki. The guest blogger, Dawn Michelle of Minimalist Beauty,  was writing about going comb free and made reference to making her own hair products. I was thinking, hmm, that will be so cool to do.  You know, I am always up for a challenge.  In the past, I have made my own Shea butter creme and oil mix, which we use daily. I would like to make my own - Shampoo, Deep Conditioner, Leave-in Conditioner, Styler, and Gel. 

I decided to google: making your own hair products and there were over 76 million search results. Wow!  The first result I saw gave a comprehensive list of homemade hair products, ranging from natural to organic products (Hair Products Recipes).

Check it out and let me know what you think.   I have not tried making any of these products, but will be trying some in the future.  Remember to only make a small batch at a time, due to preservation reasons.

Have you made your own hair products? Any tips for a starter hair-chemist?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

Can Hair Porosity Change?

What are some good products to use for thinning hair?