Wash day with Steam!!


Today was Wash day.  I'm sure you know that already if you read my earlier post on the Benefits of Steam Treatment and my experience at my gym's steam room. I wanted to better document how my wash day went, for my personal record and also maybe someone can find something useful in what I about to share.

I skipped last weeks wash day because I was experimenting washing every two weeks instead of every week. My hair DID NOT LIKE THAT. I started to experience a little flaking at day 10. Now I know that my hair prefers weekly wash.

I started my wash day process the night before by not undoing my medium size twists. I decided to give the washing in twists process another go. By the way, it worked out well this time. So the bigger the better!

Pre-poo
I misted my hair with warm water and applied a mixture of warmed Vatika Oil and Jamaican Black Castor Oil. Applied that to my hair, covered hair with plastic cap and thick knitted hat overnight.

Steaming
After my morning workout, I spritz my hair a little with water, and applied Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp and Tamanu Grow and Strengthen Treatment Masque. I steamed my hair at the gym's steam room for 10 mins. Click to watch my experience.

Shampoo
I washed my hair with Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo, which is sulfate-free. After rinsing off the shampoo, I applied Aubrey Organics GVP Conditioner for just 2 minutes for a quick protein treatment. My hair was in need of this. It lacked some elasticity. Click here to learn how to test if your hair needs protein treatment.

Deep Conditioning
I deep conditioned my hair with a moisturizing non-protein deep conditioner, Eden's Bodyworks All Natural Deep conditioner. After 2 hours (kept it longer...no reason, just super busy), I did my cool and seal with Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner. I then did my final rinse with cold water.

Moisturizing, Sealing, and Styling
I decided to use the Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp Conditioner as my leave in, after reading that this product works as a multi-purpose product. So tempted to buy this!! But can't break my #UseItUp challengeI followed this up with my oil mix, giving myself a brief scalp massage and oiling my hair and ends. I then applied Shea Moisture Curl enhancing smoothie to my hair and Whipped Shea butter to my ends to seal it, then I twisted my hair. To stretch my hair for a couple of days, I threaded the hair and left the bangs area twisted, unthreaded.

I styled it with my scarf. Did you see all the beautiful scarf pictures on DiscoveringNatural Facebook today? If you missed it, Click here.

Comments

  1. Thanks for sharing your wash day with us.

    have you tried the steaming before washing method? If So how did it work for you and what were your results?

    Take care!

    Zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that was what I did. Here is the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IYBc4VTEyFU

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?