Healthy Eating: #GreenSmoothie Challange - Week Two

Day 8: Tongue Twister


Ingredients:
1 banana
1 green pear
1 pink grapefruit
Kale
Flaxseed

My thought: Starts off bitter, then tangy, then ends sweet.

Day 9: Berry Blast

Ingredients:
Strawberries, Raspberries, Blueberries, Banana, Kale, Flaxseed

My Thoughts: Surprisingly, not too sweet. I was not a big fan of the raspberry seeds, thought. Couldn't taste the kale. Overall, it was ok.

Day 10: Celmangery


Ingredients:
1 Collard green leaf, 2 stalks of celery, 1 mango, 1 orange, 1 banana, 1 lemon, 2 tbsps flaxseed

My Thoughts: I loved it. It started off with a celery taste and before you start thinking okay...another celery smoothie, your tastebuds get a little happy dance with a mango taste, and when you are done, a little bit of celery aftertaste comes back to let you know... who owns this Cel -mang- ery" LOL!


Day 11: Spicy Pineapple

Ingredients: 1 apple, I pear, pineapple, ginger, collard green, flaxseed.

My Thoughts: I love it, you only taste the pineapple and then at the end, the little hint of spice from the ginger. What a way to wake up the taste buds.

Day 12: Peachy green

Ingredients: Kale, collard greens, ginger, peach, banana, flaxseed, green tea

My thoughts: Couldn't taste the greens, but the peach and ginger. Pleasant taste.

Day 13: Sweet Cold buster 
Ingredients: orange juice, tangerine, pineapple, mango, collard greens, carrot, flaxseed.

My thoughts: Sweet! Next time I will skip the juice. Kicked the sweet part of my taste buds onto high gear.

Day 14: Immune booster 

Ingredients: lime, lemon, ginger, orange, honey, kale, flaxseed

My thoughts: Tart and sweet. I love it!

Comments

  1. These sound really good! I think I'm going to whip me a few of these up. Thanks for sharing and posting. Take care!

    Zainab1
    AuNaturale007.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?