Healthy Eating: Preserving My Collard Greens



I am blessed to have neighbors that have "green thumbs".  LOL, not literally!  I got a huge bag of freshly cut collard greens last week and decided to show you how I preserve my greens.

Big Sis and I started off by removing the stem off the greens and the middle stems.


After doing this, thoroughly rinse the greens in cool water to remove any dirt.

In a pot of boiling water, soak the greens for about 3 to 4 minutes.

After this is done, drain the water off the greens.
 
Then quickly dip the greens in some ice cold water (I had to add ice because my water was not quite cold enough)
 
 

Remove as much moisture as possible from the greens
This is an optional step, but I love to chop my greens,


Store the greens in labeled bags. Frozen greens can last for up to 10 months.

I use my greens to make my Nigerian stew, efo, and  I also add it to my green smoothies.
To see my Green Smoothie Recipes, visit my Instagram page. Click here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?