Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday Fun: Ice Cold Water Dipping

For the past seven months, I have been battling acne. Not sure what is causing it, because I never experienced this as a teenager.  I have tried different things and some worked for a while, and others just made things worse. When I told my friend about what was going on, she told me about what she does, and I decided to give it a shot.

My friend said she does a "Ice Cold Water Dipping" process.  Here is what you do:

  • Wash your face with facial wash and rinse with warm water and towel dry

  • Get a big bowl and fill it with a lot of ice cubes and water; enough to fully immerse your face

I was quite nervous to do this.... hence why I look so scared! LOL

  • Dip your face into the ice cold water for a couple of seconds; about 10 seconds

    The "over-achiever" in me decided to do this for 30 seconds. *Yikes! Ouch!

    Arrrrrrrrrggggghhhhhhhh!

  • Try not to touch your face for a couple of seconds. You might experience a tingly, icy sensation. 
Benefits of Ice Cold Water Dipping:
My results, so far:
I have not had any breakout for the past two days. I also increased my water intake, so this is helping. After the dipping, my face felt smoother and tighter.  I loved that feeling. I plan to do this everyday for the next one month. 


Have you tried this method before?  What do you think about it?

4 comments:

  1. How is your diet? No greasy foods? Soda, sweets etc those things contribute to acne.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do have to take note of what I eat. I try to stay away from greasy foods and sodas... however, I do get a sweet-tooth once in a while ;) Thanks for the suggestions.

      Delete
  2. Hi
    I decided to read more on ice keeping after seeing Sonja dip her face in ice. I decided to try the process. Feels good but can't do it every day. I do it once a week and its working. Wonderful

    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome. I love the way my face feels after I am done.

      Delete