My friend said she does a "Ice Cold Water Dipping" process. Here is what you do:
- Wash your face with facial wash and rinse with warm water and towel dry
- Get a big bowl and fill it with a lot of ice cubes and water; enough to fully immerse your face
- Dip your face into the ice cold water for a couple of seconds; about 10 seconds
- Try not to touch your face for a couple of seconds. You might experience a tingly, icy sensation.
The "over-achiever" in me decided to do this for 30 seconds. *Yikes! Ouch!
- Invigorates the skin and gets the blood pumping and that improves muscle tone and reverses sagging skin. (Source: http://www.newrinkles.com/index.php/skin-and-skin-care/fyi-beauty-secrets/fyi-beauty-secrets-ice-cold-water)
- Some people believe cold water closes pores.
- It is also known to tighten the pores.
I have not had any breakout for the past two days. I also increased my water intake, so this is helping. After the dipping, my face felt smoother and tighter. I loved that feeling. I plan to do this everyday for the next one month.
Have you tried this method before? What do you think about it?