Wash and Go on 4C Natural Hair with Jessicurl Products

Wash and Go on 4C Natural Hair

You know how you go to natural hair events and get satchets of products samples? Well, last year, I got some Jessicurl products and since I was in a Wash and Go mode, I decided to try them out. So, this is sort of a First Impression...Would I buy the full bottle kind of Product Review.

First, I started by washing my scalp and hair with the Hair Cleansing Cream
Photo source: Jessicurl.com



While applying this product to my hair, my hair lathered a little bit. This product is not really a huge lathering kind of product. My scalp felt cleansed but my hair had a squeaky cleaning feeling. I did not like it. I also felt as if my coils started to have a party with each other and tangle up. It did pop out the coils though. o_O

Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Decyl Polyglucose, Sodium Cocoyl Isethionate, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Vegetable Glycerin, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Guar Hydroxypropyltrimonium Chloride, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, PEG 150 Pentaerythrityl Tetrastearate, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate

After rinsing out the cleansing cream, I applied the Too Shea! Extra Moisturizing Conditioner
Photo source: Jessicurl.com
 
When I was researching the usage of this product line, I saw a couple of people raving about the detangling power of this product, so I was looking forward to experiencing this. However, this was not the case. I left the product on for 5 mins. I rinsed off the product and then applied a little more as my leave-in conditioner.
 
Ingredients: Water (Aqua)*, Behentrimonium Methosulfate (and) Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Juice Powder, Hydrolyzed Oat Flour, Soy Lecithin, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
 

 
Last of all, as my styler, I used the Spiralicious Styling Gel
Photo source: Jessicurl.com
Working in sections, I raked this product throughout my hair, and then repeated without product addition to rake my hair. Then I shook my hair to unclump the curls and coils. This product laid my edges...which I was not expecting due to the liquid consistency. It also defined my curls, with soft hold after a while. I did experience frizz though after my hair dried fully.
 
Ingredients: (No Fragrance)  Water (Aqua), Polyquaternium-69, Polyquaternium-11, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Panthenol, C 12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Diazolidinyl Urea (and) Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate
 
I loved the shine

Notice how my edges are laid
 
 
10 hours later...roots still not dry. I also noticed some flaking in some areas. Big Sis said my hair FEELS like CHIPS! LOL! What do you think?
 
 
Now you know how I feel... Have you used this product line before? Share your experience.

 
 


Comments

  1. Discovering Natural, are you still going to give the max hydration method a try? btw, i uploaded a video.

    *Here is my 4c wash and go, root to tip defined coils:*
    http://youtu.be/KwuDdyy9biw

    Since doing the regimen, and making sure to pineapple my hair during the overnight Deep conditioning step, my 4c hair has been perpetually soft and detangled. Also many areas with 4c hair are displaying signs of max hydration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking of doing it this summer. I have been quite busy and only touching my hair once a week. Thanks so much for the video. I will watch it.

      Delete
  2. Are you sure your hair is not 4b?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a mixture of type 4 hair. Here's my texture: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71VXJytQF3w

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?