Today is Day 5 of my "first time" Flexirod set on my natural hair. I can now say, I have made it with my hair out for 5 days, which is so rare for me. However, before I start talking about day 5, let's do a recap on Day 4. Sorry I did not post about it, Wednesdays are my busiest days.
Yesterday, I pretty much did the same thing that I did on Day 3. I shared this on my Facebook page, DiscoveringNatural.
|Day 4 Flexirods on Natural Hair|
I was quite surprised that I got several compliments on my hair. It had about lost 80% of the curls generated by the flexirods.
Today, Day 5, this is what it looks like. Yes, and I am washing my hair today!! Ahhhh... I love Wash Days!!
Pictorial Recap from Day 1 to Day 5
What I have learnt
- My roots need a stronger hold, or some type of technique to make them straighter
- I don't need too much products when it comes to maintaining the style
- Using a bonnet at night is sufficient at maintaining the curls, pineappling did not work as well with my length of hair
- There are different ways of installing a flexirod
- The more I separate the bigger and frizz-er my hair will get.
How long have you been able to maintain a flexirod set on your natural hair?