Crazy Hair Day at AWANA


First of all you might be wondering....
What is AWANA?

"AWANA stands for Approved Workmen Are Not Ashamed and comes from the Bible verse 2 Timothy 2:15
Be diligent to present yourself approved to God, a worker who does not need to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth." - about.com

It is a church based bible club for children at our church that I have been teaching Kindergarten at for over 5 years now.

Each week, we have a theme and today's theme was "Crazy Hair Day".  The girls were very excited about this because that means they can put on wigs and have fun with their fake hair.


I decided to create Bantu Knots using Goin' Natural Moroccan Oil and Rare Moisture Butter. My hair was washed using my sample size Oyin Handmade Honey Hemp that I got from SwapSack. That stuff is GOOD! I followed using Eden BodyWorks All Natural Deep Conditioner. My hair was SO soft.


Now.. I tried something different during my detangling section. I will share this as soon as I finish editing the video. Let's just say, I only lost shedded hair. Woohoo!!


A sidenote...

At church today, a dear friend of mine told me about this lady from Ghana that makes beautiful earrings. My friend knows how much I LOVE earrings.  I believe the earrings start at $5 and all the money goes towards buying bicycles for Pastors in Ghana who have to walk a long distance to minister. What a wonderful way of supporting a good cause.

 I will be getting more details about this, make sure to check my Facebook Page: DiscoveringNatural

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer