When I reached the one-year mark of my transitioning from relaxed to natural hair, I could officially consider myself as a long term transitioner. Unlike other transitioners that have struggled through the journey, mine has been relatively smooth sailing. I am not saying I did not have my issues with tangling up and breakage, but my natural hair has cooperated well with my relaxed ends, most of the time.
Yesterday, as I started my moisturizing and sealing process, I suddenly had to urge to do some "chopping". No, not big chop style, but a trim, which to some might seem like a mini-chop.
But then again....who knows.
Until then, I will continue doing what I have been doing...
- Washing my hair, once a week.
- Putting it in a protective style for 5-6 days out of the week.
- Deep conditioning, once a week.
- Co-washing with a moisturizing conditioner, three times a month.
- Washing with a sulfate-free shampoo or a clarifing shampoo (if buildup exists), once a month.
- Moisturizing and sealing regularly.