Experimenting with Scalp Oiling


As a busy mom, I am always looking for ways to simplify our hair routine. After wash day, I always oil the girls' scalp daily with my natural oil mix. But recently, I have been reading mix reports regard scalp oiling. So, I decided to do a week long experiment to see what would happen if I do not oil Big Sis's scalp as frequently as I did.

Day One: Scalp was oiled

Day Two: Scalp was still looking okay

Day Three: Scalp show little sign of dryness

Day Four: The back of her head had major dryness issues.

Day Five: Evidence of dandruff was showing up

Day Six: She was experiencing some itchiness.

Day Seven... we stopped the experiment and concluded that for her scalp, a daily dose of scalp oiling and massaging was VERY crucial!

To rid her scalp of the dandruff, while her hair was still in cornrows (shown above), I wet her hair with water, and generously applied Shea Moisture Purification Masque to her scalp. Left that on for about 30 mins, then co-washed with Tresemme Naturals Conditioner. I left the conditioner on her hair for about 5 minutes and rinsed thoroughly.  After this was done, I applied my leave in conditioner, and oiled her scalp with my natural oil mix which also included Rosemary oil and Castor oil.

Ahhhh....

She is no longer experiencing itchiness and dandruff is gone!! Hasta la vista, baby!

Conclusion: Do YOU!!  Sometimes what works for others may not work for you. But it is worth trying out. Never be afraid to try out something new!


Comments

  1. Replies
    1. You're welcome. Just trying to simply the whole hair care process for us busy moms. But sometimes, the hair will do whatever it wants to do regardless of our busy schedule. LOL!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?