Curly Girl Method (Transitioning) - Day 1

It's Day 1 of the Curly Girl Method on my transitioning hair. I am actually doing this without little information on how to attempt this on transitioning hair. So, I must definitely say I was quite nervous about starting this method because the only information I have is on fully natural hair.

But....

Here goes...

Wash Process
  • Pre-poo:  Since I was going to use a sulfate shampoo to get rid of the silicones from the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In, I wanted to make sure that my hair is fully coated with all the yummy oils and condish  prior to stripping off with the sulfate shampoo.  I used a mixture of VO5 conditioner (milk moisture) and Extra Virgin Olive Oil to saturate my hair. Covered my hair with a plastic cap and kept it covered overnight.
  • Shampooing:  Next morning, I rinsed off my pre-poo treatment, and used a mixture of water and Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying Shampoo to shampoo my hair. I did this twice.  My hair felt icky, stripped, and I do not like that feeling. Hopefully this will be the last time I will be doing this! My hair HATES sulfate shampoos!
  • Conditioning: I was going to do a deep conditioning treatment, but since I haven't yet got my DC product, I decided to just do a quick conditioning for 5 mins with Tresemme Natural Conditioner.


Post-wash, no products
 Styling Process
  • Sectioning my hair into 4 parts, I applied the Generic Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner" on my damp hair.  I was going to use Tresemme Natural as my leave-in, but since it is not a "true" leave-in conditioner, I was not too comfortable doing that.  The PM conditioner is a leave-in conditioner.
  • I spritz my hair with a little water because it was not as damp as I wanted it to be, then, I applied Eco Styler Gel (Krystal) to each section and my edges. 
  • I let my hair air dry

    Hair with PM and Eco Styler
  • Hair is not yet completely dry, but I had to run errands so, here is how I styled it to go out.  Notice that back still looks quite damp.  This is my second wash and go on transitioning hair. Click here to view my first one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?