- Pre-poo: Since I was going to use a sulfate shampoo to get rid of the silicones from the Cantu Shea Butter Leave In, I wanted to make sure that my hair is fully coated with all the yummy oils and condish prior to stripping off with the sulfate shampoo. I used a mixture of VO5 conditioner (milk moisture) and Extra Virgin Olive Oil to saturate my hair. Covered my hair with a plastic cap and kept it covered overnight.
- Shampooing: Next morning, I rinsed off my pre-poo treatment, and used a mixture of water and Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition Fortifying Shampoo to shampoo my hair. I did this twice. My hair felt icky, stripped, and I do not like that feeling. Hopefully this will be the last time I will be doing this! My hair HATES sulfate shampoos!
- Conditioning: I was going to do a deep conditioning treatment, but since I haven't yet got my DC product, I decided to just do a quick conditioning for 5 mins with Tresemme Natural Conditioner.
|Post-wash, no products|
- Sectioning my hair into 4 parts, I applied the Generic Paul Mitchell "The Conditioner" on my damp hair. I was going to use Tresemme Natural as my leave-in, but since it is not a "true" leave-in conditioner, I was not too comfortable doing that. The PM conditioner is a leave-in conditioner.
- I spritz my hair with a little water because it was not as damp as I wanted it to be, then, I applied Eco Styler Gel (Krystal) to each section and my edges.
- I let my hair air dry