It is important to protect your hair when swimming. This is what I keep on hearing about when doing my research for our recent visit to the waterpark. I always cover my hair with a swim cap when in the pool, but since this was an all-day event, I did not want to have a cap on for the seven hours we spent at the waterpark. So, I went to YouTube to see if I could be find any other method of protecting my hair.
I came upon this video by Kelz06081984
Here is what I did that helped keep my hair moisturized throughout the day.
Before going to the WaterPark
- Moisturize hair and braid into 2 cornrows going back. This will protect your ends and also keep your relaxed ends tucked in so as to avoid tangling.
- Make a mixture in a small 2oz travel size container of - Tresemme Natural Conditioner + Castor Oil + Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- Wet hair.
- Apply the condish mixture all over hair and rub in to avoid whiteness
- Take a little bit of water and run it on the canopy of the hair. (top)
- Unlike in the video where the lady washed out the condish, I decided to leave it in. I will try her system of rinsing off next time I go to the pool. But for this extended stay in the waterpark, I wanted to leave the condish in.
After leaving the WaterPark
- Unbraid hair. My hair was not tangled AT ALL!! Yeah!
- Co-wash with Tresemme Natural Conditioner
- Deep Conditioner with Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque mixed with Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (I left this on overnight to extreme conditioning)
- In the morning, rinse off, apply leave-in and style as usual!
How do you protect your hair when you go swimming?