Hair Chemistry: Humidity and Your Hair



When you hear Humidity... you think frizz and bad hair days. The weather has been quite humid lately, so I have tried to minimize the amount of frizz and bad hair days I will experience by just having my hair in cornrows and twists with the hope of doing a twist out on the twisted part next week. I have my fingers crossed and hope that this humidity does not cause me to have frizzy twist out.

While researching this issue, I have found a couple of methods that can be used to minimize the effect of humidity on the hair.
  • Use the right products ... that will help seal your hair and prevent moisture from penetrating the hair shaft. Products like anti-frizz serums, silicones, and bee-wax. Click here for more products.
  • Add Protein ... ingredients such as hydrolyzed protein.
  • Create anti-frizz hairstyles ... such as pin-up updos, braids, cornrows, and twists.
  • Embrace the frizz ... and use it to your advantage.  Create styles like will minimize the obvious appearance of the frizz. 
Bottom Line: There is no 100% way to humidity proof your hair. 

What do you do to your hair when it is humid outside?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer