Wash Day Diary : April 23rd 2015 : Getting Rid of Dandruff

Getting Rid of Dandruff

It's wash day... and boy! oh boy!... I have been attacked by the dandruff monster! Going back through my wash day diary, the only thing different I have changed was leaving my Black Tea Rinse in, without rinsing it off. I guess my scalp does not like this too much.

Now I know...

See... this is why I keep a Wash Day Diary o_O

Anyways, to address this issue, I did the following:

Coconut Scalp Mix
  • Mix 3 tablespoons of coconut oil that has been warmed with 4 drops of peppermint oil and 2 drops of tea tree oil
  • Apply to scalp and massage
  • Cover with plastic cap for an hour or overnight
Apple Cider Vinegar Treatment
  • Spritz 1 part Apple Cider Vinegar and 2 part water on the scalp and massage
  • Cover with plastic cap for an hour
  • Rinse and follow up with cleansing routine
How I apply the treatment, click here or watch below.

I could have done either of these but because of how bad the dandruff was, I wanted to go full on!!

After doing this, I rinsed my hair in the shower with warm water. I washed my hair, free, not in twists or braids. Holding the ends of my hair, I applied Elasta QP Crème Conditioning Shampoo to my scalp, and massaged to lift out any buildup or caked in dandruff. I worked in 4 sections.  After all the sections have been applied with shampoo, without rinsing, I applied Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle Conditioner, also great for dandruff, left on for a minute. Then rinsed.

Because I had not done Protein treatment in a while, I decided to use the Aphogee 2 minutes Keratin Reconstructor treatment, rinsed after 2 minutes and did a deep conditioning with SheaMoisture Purification Masque. Rinse after 30 minutes and seal with cold Aloe Vera Juice. I let the juice soak in for 5 minutes.
Aloe Vera Juice in Natural Hair


To style my hair, I massage my scalp with my oil mix, used SheaMoisture Curl and Style Milk as my leave in, and twisted in chunky twists.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why does cloves water itch my scalp?

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

How To Make Natural Hair Soft Without Relaxer