Deep Conditioning After Co-Washing


I ask myself this question, Is it necessary to deep condition after co-washing your hair? For me, I don't think it is necessary, however, I feel that my hair has more moisture when I deep condition it after co-washing.

For today's wash day, I co-washed my hair while in twists using Trader Joe's Tea Tree Tingle conditioner. I love the refreshing peppermint tingle this product gives me. 

After I finished co-washing, I notice only 2 strands of hair lost. This is why I love co-washing my hair in twists. It is less harsh on the hair. After rinsing my hair, I towel dried my hair to remove the excess water.

I have been doing this method of deep conditioning my hair, where I dry my hair to damp before applying my deep conditioner. I noticed that all the deep conditioners I have been using usually says apply to damp hair. I normally do it on wet hair.

I  applied the SheaMoisture 10-in-1 Renewal System Hair Masque and left it in for a couple of hours, I got busy with other stuff.

After that, I rinsed my hair with Black Tea. I am trying to see if there is my hair acts differently if the tea is left in instead of washing it out.

I finished off by applying my oil mix and massaging my scalp and then followed that up with Giovanni Direct Leave In conditioner. The conditioner had been chilling in the fridge for about 5 hours. I heard that this helps in the sealing process and helps keep moisture locked in. Let's see if this is true.

Chunky twist... and that's all, folks!
A few hours later, when I had time,  my hair was twisted into smaller sizes using Coils & Glory Whipped Shea Butter. I love the fluffiness of this shea butter.
Twists using Coils & Glory Whipped Shea Butter


Oh...one more thing.
I noticed that my hair did not shed that much this whole week. I had less than 10 strands of hair come out during the entire wash process. I am not sure if it has to do with the Aphogee Keratin 2 minutes Reconstructor that I have used 2 weeks in a row or my new iron medicine for my anemia, MegaFood Blood Builder.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Can Split Ends be Genetic?

Can Hair Porosity Change?

My Current Skincare Products