Friday, December 28, 2012

Transitioning Styles that WORK!

 
 


Styling can be such a struggle when dealing with two textures of hair. Your relaxed ends can prevent a beautiful style from turning out well. While transitioning, I struggled a lot with my twist outs but my braid outs always comes out perfect.  However, now that I am natural, my twists outs come out nice and I am still working on my braid outs.

Failed twist outs. Look at those Relaxed Ends. (pics from my Instagram page: DiscoveringNatural)

What styles work well while Transitioning?

Cornrows Braid Out

 

Cornrows
 
 
Roll N Tuck


Braid Out

Bantu Knot Out



Flat Twist Out


Some other styles that work are roller sets, buns, and using extensions. While transitioning, I never used extensions because I didn't want to deal with my edges getting damaged and breaking.

For all my transitioning pictures, click here.

4 comments:

  1. Yes, just lovely. Lots of inspiration just from checking outs your spots. Keep the posts coming..my transition hair is very similar to yours. Goin on 10 months. Thanks a bunch

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *Clapping!!* Keep it up. I only lasted till 1 year and....17 days. But I could have gone longer, I was just done and anxious to be fully natural. Glad I did on my term and my time.

      If you ever have any questions, please either direct tweet me or post on my Facebook page (DiscoveringNatural).

      Have a Happy New Year and Happy Transitioning!!

      Delete