Signs of Product Buildup



 
 
Since I use more natural hair ingredients, than synthetic ones, I do not encounter a lot of product buildup. I do wash my hair with a sulfate-free shampoo at least once a month (at the end of the month). If my hair or the girls' hair looks a bit dull, I will clarify their hair. This tells me that they have product build up.

Apart from dullness in hair, here are some other signs that your hair might have product build up:

  • Your hair and scalp has a coated feeling. 
  • Your hair lack movement and body causing it to feel limp and flat
  • Your sulfate-free shampoo or conditioner does not seem as effective as usual. If you use shampoo, it might not lather as well as it use to lather. If you use conditioners, it might sit on your hair instead of penetrating it.
  • You are experiencing hair breakage even though you have no hard water, you balance your protein and moisture in your regiment, and you are gentle with your hair.

Removal of Product Buildup

To remove product buildup, you can use any sulfate shampoos or a clarifying shampoo.  Due to the stripping effect of clarifying shampoo, use it only once a month.



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?