My girls and I love...LOVE hair accessories. Most of the accessories we have are store bought, however, I love making my own. When you make your own hair accessory, you can decorate it however you want and even make it custom fit an outfit.
Below, I will show you how to make a simple headband from buttons. I bought large decorative plastic buttons and felt flower buttons. For this project, I will be using the felt buttons. You can find these in your local craft stores.
You will need:
- Decorative Felt buttons (You can also use iron-on applique)
- Glue gun
- Felt fabric (matching the color of the headband)
- Fabric Headband
- Arrange the felt flower buttons in the design you want
- Place the larger buttons at the bottoms and overlay smaller sized buttons on top
- Add acrylic jewels to add some bling to it
- Cut 2 strips from the felt fabric
- Glue one piece to the reverse side of the decorative arrangement of felt buttons
- Apply some glue to the top that felt fabric
- Place the headband on top of the glue and then gently press the second piece on top of the headband
- Make sure it lines up with the first piece of felt fabric
All our headbands were arranged in this homemade Headband Holder.
Want to see other hair accessories I have made? Click here and here.