Video Tutorial: Stretching Hair with African Threading


As a child, I often got my hair threaded, I loved it because the takedown was easy and it resulted in softer hair.


Now that my new growth is nearly half of the length of my hair, shrinkage has taken over. To reduce the shrinkage when I style my hair, I have decided to african thread my hair. This is the first time I have threaded my own hair. I often thread the girls' hair and they love it! Looking upclose at the end results, it almost looks as if I two strand twisted my hair.

In the video tutorial, I used african thread. It can be bought at any African Ethnic store or you can use nylon thread, or even wool and yarn thread. My hair has been washed and deep conditioned prior to threading. For each section, I moisturized my hair with Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie. After threading, I applied Nubian Heritage Indian Hemp and Tamanu Grow & Strengthen Treatment Masque. This product has been helping with growing my edges.

Enjoy the video!

Comments

  1. This definitely seems like a neat way to stretch natural hair. I like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the results of African threading but I was a fear for thread being in the hair. I love how smooth and straight it gets the hair though in the videos that I've watched

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just rethreaded my hair again today because I love how the thread-out looks.

      Delete
  3. I love african threading as a no heat method of stretching hair. I intend to wear it out though when I do the next one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for commenting. I appreciate your support

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

3 SheaMoisture HACKS that will Save your Natural Hair

DiscoveringNatural Hair Coaching

Does relaxing hair help get rid of lice?